суббота, 30 июня 2012 г.

Jamikins: I was wondering about Sunday and whether there would be any point going to towns, so thank


In as much as I would like to "see it all", I am trying to opt for quality vs quantity and trying to group places of interest by what makes sense geographically taking travel times into account. I would love to see Aix and visit a market, but not sure where I can fit it in.
Friday: Explore the Camargue in the am (drive-thru and do a short hike), carnival cruise ships Pont du Gard (pick up some food and have a picnic lunch along the river?), Uzes, Les Baux or St Remy (late afternoon - dinner?)
* or back to Aix for dinner before we head home? Honestly, I am less interested in seeing Marseille, but it is closer to Aix so I added it in. Anything else I would be better off seeing rather than spending time in Marseille?
I would hit isle sur la sorge on Sunday for their amazing market. Keep in mind most other towns will be shut up and closed on Sunday so do your luberon drive on the Saturday. Also towns close up midday for lunch.
Your Saturday carnival cruise ships or Sunday day is pretty packed. I'm not sure you will be able tto enjoy your destinations as you will have so little time in each. We love the Gordes, Rousillon carnival cruise ships area and the Abbaye de Senanque is definitely well worth a visit although the lavendar will be long gone.
Jamikins: I was wondering about Sunday and whether there would be any point going to towns, so thank you for confirming. Maybe that's a good day to wander the Camargue. Have read some of Stu Dudley's suggestions... I will contact him. Thanks!
Regarding the Camargue: You can neither drive or hike through the Camargue. carnival cruise ships I strongly recommed carnival cruise ships to explore the Camargue on horseback in order to see the flamingoes. Even a short ride will be a great experience. Be prepared to change clothes after the ride (they will be wet).
traveller1959, we drove through the Camargue, seeing the horses and bulls along the way. Not all parts of the Camargue can be reached by car, of course, but one can still see at least some of that iteresting area.
traveller1959 - the guidebook I am using offers some great drives and walks through the Camargue, which is what gave me the idea. The couple we are traveling with sadly are not "horse people" otherwise, carnival cruise ships I would love to do the horseback tour.
Underhill StCirq - At heart I know you are right, but the urge is still there to cram as much in as possible. OK, I am motivated to slash my days down considerably, so I have more time for leisurely cafes and du vin!
Jamikins carnival cruise ships - I expect that is probably a good way to approach it, since it is sounding like we won't get to everything on my itinerary. Can you tell me how to find Stu Dudley's email? It is not listed on his profile. Thanks again!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий