четверг, 21 ноября 2013 г.

Thankfully, the SWAT team and news crews were not on scene yet when I pulled back into the restauran


Recent Comments Boiling Frogs - The Five Subtle Stages of Accidental Infidelity - Part 1 | WorkPlaySoul.com on Boiling Frogs (Part 2) The Five C s of Unplanned Cheating Boiling Frogs (Part 2) - The Five C s of Unplanned Cheating Explained | WorkPlaySoul.com on Boiling Frogs The Five Subtle Stages of Accidental Infidelity Part 1 Sunday Sampler - High Paying Low-Stress Jobs, Best Fish Tacos, and a Amazing Dad with Amazing Technology | WorkPlaySoul.com on Father-Son washington d c hotels Shish Kabob Recipe = Delicious Memories susan on Charlie Munger and the Law of Inversion Sarah on Building Self-Esteem The Two Most Important Things A Child Can Hear Categories
First off, let me establish that I do not currently drive any type of upscale washington d c hotels car in my day-to-day life. I drive a very sexy base-model Chevy Colorado pickup truck (pic on left), complete with rusting bed. Pretty fly, huh?
Part of my reasoning is that I only drive nine miles each way to work, in a semi-rural part of town, and there is no logical reason for me to spend $750 per month on a car payment to simply impress the road kill with fine German engineering. I'd rather save this money and put it towards more luxurious travel experiences for my family, including washington d c hotels the cars I rent when I'm in another town.
Normally, I just splurge and go for some type of full-size sedan (a Chrysler 300 has been my go-to rental car when available). But last month, when my wife and I were traveling to LA for the Breaking Bad series finale, I stumbled into a new program at National washington d c hotels Rental Car that is ideal for anyone who enjoys the occasional travel splurge.
It's called the Premier Selection program and I had never heard of it until I was walking out to grab a car on National Rental Car s   Emerald Aisle (a cool program by itself, if you've never heard of it). On the way to select my car, I noticed three luxury rental cars (a Mercedes, an Escalade, and an Infiniti all black) sitting at the front of the row with large tags hanging from the rearview mirrors. The tags said "Rent Me $50 Per Day More."
Now considering washington d c hotels that my existing reservation was less than $25 per day and we were going to our first "Hollywood" event (because that's how we roll – not ), I figured I'd go ask how the program worked. While it seemed too good to be true, they did simply tack on another $50 per day to my rental cost, handed me the keys to a Mercedes, and we were off to cruise the streets washington d c hotels of Los Angeles. For a guy who normally drives a pickup truck without power windows, getting a cheap luxury car rental was one of the dorky highlights of my trip.
That brings me to the comedic low point of my luxury car rental experience. It came after dining at an uber-hip brunch spot on Melrose called washington d c hotels Eveleigh. Imagine it me casually striking a pose against washington d c hotels a palm tree next to the valet station (similar to the pose in the pic on the left),  waiting for them to bring me my Mercedes. As the valet brings the car around, I glance over my shades like a pro, threw the valet a $5-er (hey, it's LA, I had to flash some real cash), and jumped behind the wheel.
It took driving about five miles down Melrose to begin noticing that there were a lot of personal possessions in the car that didn't look familiar. It was only when I looked in the back seat that I noticed some women s workout clothes that I was pretty sure I had not brought to Los Angeles, that I realized I had actually driven off in someone else's black Mercedes.
Talk about feeling panic. All I could imagine was the aerial shot from the evening news of me driving someone else s Mercedes, down Melrose, followed by a dozen police cruisers, with the headline "Man Steals Car From Restaurant – High Speed Chase In Progress" flashing washington d c hotels across the bottom of the screen.
Thankfully, the SWAT team and news crews were not on scene yet when I pulled back into the restaurant. There was just a terrified looking valet and an annoyed supermodel-looking woman standing next to my black Mercedes rental. washington d c hotels Needless to say that I switched cars with a little less swagger than when I first hopped into the wrong car. Someone has since told me that it happens all the time I guess it s just an occupational hazard of driving a Mercedes in southern California.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий