понедельник, 23 марта 2015 г.

Yup, had a 2007 rolla as a courtesy rental car for a month in 2008. Absolutely hideous seats, and th


I ll second this. And not for some sort of beige bashing , I get boring vehicles have a purpose, we ve owned plenty of boring cruise america rv rentals compact and midsized sedans. I had a rental cruise america rv rentals 2010 or so Corolla, it had easily the most uncomfortable seats and driving position I ve ever had to endure, and I ve owned and driven a lot of much older, much cheaper cars. Combined with its horrible wind noise, thrashy engine, and terrible steering and brakes, it was easily the worst car I ve had the misfortune to pilot.
Chris mentioned a E120, a 2003-2009, which I thought at least saw a definite drop in comfort, and interior build quality. cruise america rv rentals But I think the absolute worst is the current E140, they are worlds worse than the earlier Corolla, or almost any other car currently sold in the US
The 03-onward Corollas have been designed with a very short driver in mind. At 6 , I find the seat cushion way too high and short, the wheel at a bus-like angle, and the pedals way too close, forcing a knees-up posture.
Still, the seat itself isn t badly cushioned and they ride OK. Worst comfort I ve ever experienced in a mass-market vehicle was driving a Chevy Astro. Imagine the Corolla above plus even narrower, tinier footwells, a horrible ride, nasty flat seats, and hoary engine cruise america rv rentals vibes all through the cabin. Awful.
4thed I think Toyota s seats have the worst lumbar support of any car I have ever driven. I had a 2007 rental Corolla that luckily I was able to swap out for a Chevy Malilbu because the Toyota s seats were so uncomfortable!
I owned a 2009 Corolla. Bought it brand new and suffered cruise america rv rentals through cruise america rv rentals 84K miles in it. I agree with you completely. Wretched little car. In addition to what you said, any bump in the road was torture. The struts must have cost Toyota about 50 cents. To make matters worse, 10% Ethanol fuel made the engine sound like pennies in a coffee cruise america rv rentals can.
I had a rental 2009 or 2010 Corolla for about two weeks. It was heaven after the two Focuses I d had in the weeks before. I also rented a bunch of small Toyotas in 1996 and 1997. I really didn t care for them, but the recent one was comfortable and impressed cruise america rv rentals me with its fuel economy.
Yup, had a 2007 rolla as a courtesy rental car for a month in 2008. Absolutely hideous cruise america rv rentals seats, and the entire car was dire uncomfy, noisy, rattly, no footroom (and I m only a size 8). The stupid unergonomic handbrake was simply awful to use did the USA spec rollas have that handbrake design? cruise america rv rentals I hated the car so much I took it back to Hertz after three days and said I would take anything else anything cruise america rv rentals that wasn t a Corolla. Got a 2006 Ford Mondeo instead boy did it have a plush ride I forgot the awful uncomfy Corolla after driving about 500 metres!
I had a 1985 Corolla sedan, not the smaller sportier coupe. That sedan was the LE, had almost-Volvo-quality seats, could cruise at 80-85 mph all day and get 41 MPG doing so. (It was only supposed to get 33 MPG on the highway; I never did undersand this discrepancy.)
My recent experience in a 2012 Corolla was awful. I was just a passenger so I can t comment on driver ergonomics, but that car had the worst seats ever, front and back. The must have used incredibly soft foam, great for the first 5 minutes, but then nothing but aches and no support. I was only in the car for a few hours, but oh the pain. And I m only 5 7 and not overweight.
Normally I ride in my pre-2000s water-cooled cruise america rv rentals VWs and, although they may have their shortcomings, seat comfort is not one of them, front or back, at least for an average sized person like me. I can (and have) driven cruise america rv rentals one of those cars for 20 hours straight without so much as a twinge of pain.
If bench seat GMs of that era didn t suit you, they really didn t suit you. One of them caused my mother months of back pain after a three hour trip. She was in her early 40s and has never been heavy, so it wasn t a case of her having poor health prior to sitting cruise america rv rentals in the Buick.
The most uncomfortable, coincidently, would be in a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado Z71. The seat back had no contour at all to it. Given my abnormally sharp shoulder blades, steering was quite uncomfortable.
On the other hand, the most comfortable seat I ve driven in probably has to be in my very own 2010 Acura TSX. The heavy side bolstering is ideal to coddle my 5 7, 116lb. frame in sharp turns. I like its softness compared to no less supportive BMW seats.
I m surprised more Volvo s don t sell solely for how amazing their seats are. My V70R has what I thought were the most comfortable front seats ever made until I drove a new XC70. This is counting all sorts of Mercedes, BMWs, Cadillacs and Lincolns. Volvo has seat comfort down to a science.
Too bad Volvo doesn t have the science of engine building in its bag. A coworker s leased Volvo ate a crank at less than 20K, and continued to cough up expensive parts thereafter. She is a lawyer and doesn t mince words. She referred to this vehicle as a piece of shit . Not exactly technical, but apt.
While parts are certainly pricey, they re no more expensive than any other European car. And aside from the anecdotal evidence of your friend, I ve never read of any recent Volvo engines that have any chronic, fatal problems. Ford even used some of their engines in their own cars under their stewardship.
I have to disagree with that. I was keen to buy a Volvo V50 wagon, until I drove one. The front seats had non-adjustable cruise america rv rentals headrests cruise america rv rentals fixed at a very forward angle. With my head on the headrest, my back straight and my butt in place, there was at least four inches of air behind my upper back.But no one can sit like that long, and when I sat normally, the headrest pressed my head forward by several cruise america rv rentals inches. cruise america rv rentals I could barely get the car around the block and back fast enough. I m finding the same problem with most new cars I sit in, but this was the worst by far. I suppose those headrests give a better results cruise america rv rentals in the rear-impact crash tests, but they made me feel like in was in a crash already.
That surprises me about the V50 seats, as I ve had an 06 since 2007 and have found the seats as comfy as my 99 S70 and 91 940SE. I ve driven it from Rock Island to Chicago and was comfortable the whole way. It does have cloth seats, not leather, so maybe that makes a difference? The headrests cruise america rv rentals don t bother me either. I am 5 10 and about 160 lb. for what it is worth.
LTD- my 63 year old mother bought her S60 solely because of the seats (following an S70, also for the seats). Not a great car by many measures, but damn if it isn t comfortable. Can t say I blame her, although I pushed for several cruise america rv rentals other choices.
Same problem Paul the Austin truck I drove that had a grader engine inserted may not have had seats it didnt feel like it had and my 39 Morris 8 wasnt much chop either of the more modern era a Nissan Tiida was appalling to drive for 2 hours resulting in lower back pain and a mid 00s Corolla no better just when it looked like the Japanese had finally made some decent cars in the 90s they take the seating back a step for the new century cruise america rv rentals my 71 Corona was horrible on a long trip are they doing retro seats too?
If we are counting tractors then our old IH 706 was the worst I can think of. At the end of the day your left knee would just be screaming from working the clutch. and the spring suspension in the seat that was supposed to cushion the ride would set up this swaying motion the practically made you sea-sick.
Finally, my 07 Honda Fit. I once took a trip that involved about 4 hours in the car each way, all in one day. The car is short on legroom but worse, the normally comfy seats turned to stone about 5 hours into the day and the last two hours were sheer misery. cruise america rv rentals Great for shorter cruise america rv rentals runs, never taking an all-day trip in it again.
63 EH Holden the seat curves towards the doors offering no support at all and is murder if you suffer from sciatica, My chiroprator at the time drove a 64 Impala he told me where my back complaints were emanating from as his car also 30+ years old at the time and from GM was identical and terribly uncomfortable.
I always found the 2nd-gen F-body cars very comfortable to drive. The ergonomics were about perfect: my first car, a 78 Firebird Esprit was very comfy. The nice wide doorsill was just right for my left arm to rest on while my hand rested on the LH mirror.
Sometimes I d drive with my left arm rest my right on the console with my hand resting on the shifter because everything lined up so perfectly. I spent hours in that car repeatedly and a 10 hour drive from Indiana to Alabama in it didn t bother me a bit.
The worst driving experience for me was sadly a 73 Q-code 4-speed Mustang Sportsroof. It was a low-option car with no console. It looked mean and was mean to this driver. I m 5 11 and felt like a dwarf driving it. It wasn t the most uncomfortable but overall it was the most difficult-to-drive car due to the lack of visibility. Such a shame because I ve always thought the 71 73 Mustangs were tough-looking machines.
GM during the 70s and 80s indeed seemed to have a knack for crap seats, but my personal worst was a well-used 81 Dodge Omni that I had for a couple years. Wasn t the seats so much as the buzzing from the engine. Any drive more than a few minutes duration had you getting out of the car feeling like you were still vibrating. This sensation cruise america rv rentals would last for a half-hour or more.
My sister s ex-husband had an early-model Ford Explorer that hobbyhorsed so bad over every road imperfection that there should have been a Dramamine dispenser attached to the dashboard. Man, I hated riding in that thing.
Most uncomfortable? A 2007 Renault Megane Sport with the optional ridiculously large wheels and matching ridiculously cruise america rv rentals low profile tyres. Cramped and numbing on any sort of long trip. Most comfortable? cruise america rv rentals My much-missed 2006 Chrysler 300 CRD saloon. I used to do eight hour non-stop trips across France in this and feel no pain!
Oddly enough my vote goes to a 2007 Chevrolet Impala 2LT. The car overall was a good cruiser and I would have kept it fore

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий